Posted on October 30, 2020
Who said fancy avocado toast has to be complicated? Whip up this delicious breadcrumb topping in minutes and you’ve got yourself an Insta-worthy brunch to brag to your friends about!
Paired with bacony chickpeas, this is the perfect savoury brunch that will hit the spot.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- 1 large avocado
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 slices bread
- In a medium to large non stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, sprinkle in panko breadcrumbs and toast for 1 minute.
- Add Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning, garlic powder and fresh parsley and continue to toss/stir until golden brown. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the chickpeas and olive oil in a bowl and toss so that the oil coats the chickpeas. Then add seasoning and toss to coat.
- Toast bread and slice or mash your avocado.
- Assemble by topping your toast with avocado, tomatoes, chickpeas and then sprinkle with as much of the breadcrumb topping as you'd like. Brunch is served! Yum.
Tip: Leftover breadcrumb topping can be stored in an airtight container and kept for up to a week. Sprinkle on pasta, sautéed mushrooms or eat straight out of the container!
Grab your Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning online today!