Bacony Vegan Mac & Cheese
Posted on March 05, 2020
Give this classic family dish a plant based twist with our delicious Cheesy Bacon Seasoning!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 160g raw cashews
- 200g carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 90ml olive oil
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Cheesy Bacon Seasoning
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 400g macaroni
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- Soak the cashew nuts in water and leave overnight.
- Heat the oven to 180C or 160C fan forced
- Steam the carrots and potatoes together for 5 mins, until completely softened. Transfer to a food processor.
- Drain the cashews and add these with 60ml of the oil, then blitz to break down the nuts. Tip in the other ingredients – apart from the macaroni, breadcrumbs and the remaining oil – then blitz again until the mixture is smooth and season well.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of salted water for 1 min less than packet instructions, drain then stir through the sauce. Transfer the mix to an ovenproof dish, stir the breadcrumbs with the remaining oil and some seasoning. Scatter over the top of the macaroni & bake for 20-25 mins until piping hot & crisp. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Cheesy Bacon Seasoning online today!