Posted on March 18, 2020
This hearty Ragu is the perfect winter warmer. Add it to your midweek menu, or enjoy on a lazy Sunday.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 box of Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 500 mls of tomato passata
- 2 clove of garlic, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 100 grams of mushrooms, sliced
- Salt, black pepper, dried oregano to taste
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 4 Tbsp of oil
- 400 grams cooked penne
- Crushed almonds
- Fresh parsley
- To make up chicken, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of water + 1 Tbs of oil then leave the mix as mince.
- Add oil to a hot pan and cook garlic, onion, mushrooms and Plant-Based Chicken mince.
- Cook for about 5 mins and add in the tomato passata with sugar, salt, black pepper and oregano.
- Lower the heat, and let it simmer for around 3-4 minutes.
- Drain cooked penne and add to the sauce. Mix well, until the pasta is fully coated. Garnish with almonds and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Grab your Plant-Based Chicken now from deliciou.com.