Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Posted on October 30, 2020
Creamy, hearty and healthy, this pumpkin soup is our go-to for those chilly nights. Topped with crispy bacon croutons, this is a sure fire way to warm yourself up and satisfy your hunger.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin - peeled, seeds removed, diced into 3cm chunks
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek trimmed, sliced and washed
- 1tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut cream
- 1/2 loaf sourdough or any crusty bread, sliced and cut into 2cm chunks
- Olive oil spray
- Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and arrange pumpkin chunks so that they are evenly spread out. Spray pumpkin well with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, then an even sprinkling of garlic powder and dried rosemary.
- Roast pumpkin for 40 minutes, turning and re-spraying with olive oil half way through. Once pumpkin is caramelised and tender, remove from the oven.
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Sauté leeks for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp of Original Bacon Seasoning and cook for a further minute.
- Add the cooked pumpkin to the saucepan and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and coconut cream, stir well and cover. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and let simmer.
- Arrange the chunks of bread in the same dish that you cooked the pumpkin in. Spray bread with olive oil then sprinkle with Original Bacon Seasoning until well coated. Season with black pepper.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes, tossing, spraying with oil and adding more Bacon Seasoning half way through.
- Whilst the croutons are in the oven, use a stick blender, blender or food processor to blend the soup into a smooth consistency. Season to taste.
- Once the croutons are golden, remove them from the heat and allow to cool slightly. They will continue to get crunchier as they cool.
- Serve the soup hot with chopped chives and your crunchy, bacony croutons. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over $25.