Spicy Peanut Chicken
Posted on March 09, 2021
What better way to enjoy our Plant-Based Chicken than to cover it in this insanely delicious peanut sauce? This is THE plant-based dish you won’t want to miss.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 400ml can coconut milk
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Prepare chicken according to package directions, adding ½ tsp salt to the mix. Mould into 3 patties, then fry in a pan with 3 Tbsp oil over medium heat until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and capsicum; sauté until carrots are tender, about 5 mins. Add garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir until well combined. Lower heat to a gentle simmer for another 5 mins.
- Slice the chicken into strips, then add to the sauce just before serving - stir through to coat in the sauce.
- Plate up the rice and add a generous ladle of this warming, spicy goodness onto the plate - garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online.