Pork Katsu Curry
Posted on January 21, 2021
This is our take on everyone’s favourite Japanese curry - pork katsu curry!
Our Plant-Based Pork gets so crispy on it’s own that you can skip the breading all together and enjoy a healthier, lighter, but equally as satisfying version of the traditional katsu!
Mild, slightly sweet and super hearty, enjoy golden pieces of our plant-based pork covered in a delicious curry sauce. Served on a bed of rice, this curry will nourish and warm you from within!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 Box Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 240ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp mango chutney
- 600 ml boiling water
- 500g cooked white rice
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves only roughly chopped
- To make the pork, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add the water, salt, curry powder and 1 Tbsp of oil. Mould into 4 even round patties and fry in the remaining oil, over a medium heat until golden, remove and set aside.
- Place the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and spices into the frying pan over a medium heat and fry until caramelised (around 5 minutes).
- Add the flour, mango chutney and boiling water. Leave to simmer until the sauce thickens (around 5 minutes). Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls. Top with Deliciou Plant-Based Pork, katsu curry sauce and chopped coriander.
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online today!