BBQ Pork Sandwich
Posted on January 21, 2021
Pile on the slaw, this is one classic sandwich you won’t want to miss! We’re getting saucy in here with our Plant-Based Pork! This easy recipe comes out tasty and succulent, and is heavenly with this simple creamy slaw. Pull this recipe out at your next BBQ, it’s sure to satisfy and entertain.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 150g chow mein or vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Box Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand until tender, then drain.
- Prepare the Deliciou Plant-Based Beef as mince following package directions, then set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a wok, add the mushrooms, onion, carrots and peas, then stir-fry until softened.
- Add the beef mix to the same pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon like mince, until golden.
- Add the Chinese cabbage, stir fry for 2-3 mins before adding the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and noodles. Allow the mix to sit for 30 sec at a time between stirring to allow crispy bits to form.
- Divide between 4 bowls, and serve while hot!
Pro tip: Add 1 tsp of vegan stock powder to the noodles when soaking to give more flavour!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get shipping for all orders over $40.