Posted on March 06, 2020
This plant based butter chicken will have you second guessing if it’s the real thing!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
For the sauce:
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 400ml can coconut cream (full fat)
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 naan breads
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Prepare the chicken according to package directions, then shape into 4 patties. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat, then fry the chicken patties in 3 Tbsp vegan butter until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and slice into bite sized pieces.
- In the same pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger in 1 Tbsp oil until softened. Stir in the garam masala and curry powder for 30 seconds, then add the tomato paste, coconut cream and brown sugar (if you prefer a sweeter curry). Let simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken pieces back into the sauce directly before serving. Divide the rice between four bowls, then serve up the butter chicken and coriander on top with a side of naan bread. Enjoy!
Pro tip: For a smooth and creamy sauce, carefully blend the cooked sauce in a blender before adding the chicken back in.Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get shipping for all orders over $40.