Posted on May 11, 2020
It's Enchilada making time! Using all the traditional ingredients and only substituting our Plant-Based Chicken, we'll have you second guessing if these enchilada's are the real deal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 30g sachet enchilada (or taco) seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato passata sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Pickled jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Prepare chicken according to package directions. Shape into 4 large patties, then fry in 3 Tbsp oil until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and slice into 1-2 cm cubes.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then stir in 3 Tbsp flour until absorbed. Add the vegetable stock, tomato sauce and spice mix and stir to get rid of any lumps.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular baking dish with a thin layer of sauce. In each tortilla, place some of the chicken pieces, a generous spoonful of the sauce and some grated cheese, then roll up and place in the dish. Repeat until baking dish is filled with a row of enchiladas, then pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil, then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with jalapeno peppers or chilli flakes. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get shipping for all orders over $40.