Posted on May 11, 2020
It's Enchilada making time! Using all the traditional ingredients and only substituting our Plant-Based Chicken, we'll have you second guessing if these enchilada's are the real deal.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 10 enchiladas
- 1 x box of Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 100g of vegan cheddar, shredded
- 10 corn tortillas
For the enchilada sauce:
- 2 x Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 x Tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of chilli powder (add 1/2 tsp instead for less spice)
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- 700ml of vegetable broth
Top the enchiladas with:
- Spring onions
- Chilli flakes
- Jalapeno peppers
- To make up chicken, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of water + 1 Tbs of oil. Mould into thumb sized pieces.
- Cook the chicken pieces in a pan with some oil, for about 5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Set them aside for later.
To make the sauce:
- Start by frying the flour in some hot oil.
- Season with all the spices and cook for about a minute.
- Add in the vegetable broth and cook until it thickens. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Place 3-4 strips of chicken in each tortilla, top with a spoon of the sauce, and some of the shredded cheese.
- Cover tray with half of the sauce and add the enchiladas on top.
- Once the baking tray is filled with your wraps, pour the rest of the sauce all over them and finish with some more shredded cheddar.
- Bake in the oven, set to 180 Celsius, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with jalapeno peppers, spring onions and chilli flakes. Enjoy!
Grab your Plant-Based Chicken online today!