Chicken Tenders Sandwich
Posted on March 31, 2020
The classic sub has been reinvented with the inclusion of our Plant-Based Chicken tenders. School lunches will never be the same again.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes 10-12 chicken tenders, 6 sandwiches
- 1 box of Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 300 grams of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 200 ml coconut milk
For the Sandwiches:
- 12 slices of bread
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 tsp of vegan mayo
- To make up chicken, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of water + 1 Tbs of oil. Mould into the shape of tenders.
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix till combined evenly. Leave one third of the dry mixture on a separate plate.
- Add the milk to the rest of the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Dip each tender into the liquid and then roll into the dry spice mix.
- Fry in hot oil, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- To assemble your sandwiches: add two tenders to one slice of bread. Add sliced tomatoes, red onions and iceberg lettuce. Spread 1 tsp of vegan mayo on the second bread slice. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online today!