Posted on March 01, 2021
This is our fool proof recipe for plant-based loaded nachos! With tasty shreds of plant-based chicken and colourful toppings bursting with flavour, this is a definite crowd-pleaser for vegans and meat-eaters alike!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp sweet/smoked paprika
- ½-1 cup jalapenos, optional
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Nacho Cheese Seasoning
- 230g tortilla chips/nacho chips
For Cheese Dressing
- 1½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp Deliciou Nacho Cheese Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice/Apple cider vinegar
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Lemon juice to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken according to the packet instructions. Form as 1-2 inch nuggets and place them on a flat tray lined with baking paper and set aside.
- Mix coconut yoghurt, Deliciou Nacho Seasoning, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk well using a fork and leave it in the fridge.
- Heat up olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add half the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add black beans and your Plant-based Chicken nuggets.
- Stir in cumin, paprika and Deliciou Nacho Cheese Seasoning.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, until chicken nuggets are golden, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble nachos, place half of the tortilla chips in an even layer, on a large tray/platter.
- Top with ½ of each: chicken mixture, yoghurt mixture, jalapenos, remaining onions, tomatoes, and coriander.
- Layer it up with the remaining tortilla chips and repeat the process.
- Place the guacamole on top in the middle and sprinkle some nacho cheese seasoning all over and enjoy.