Posted on December 24, 2020
Who needs takeout when you can make THIS?!
Enjoy one of your favourite Chinese dishes completely plant-based and made at home! Tasty strips of stir fried plant-based beef are covered in this slightly sweet and flavourful sauce - making this the ultimate dish to serve with rice. So good and so easy, you’ll want to savour every tasty bite!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
For the beef:
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Steamed greens
- Steamed rice
- Combine all the beef ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into thumb sized strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and fry the beef strips until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large frypan or wok over medium-high heat, add remaining oil, onion, garlic and ginger, and stir fry for 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the five spice and chilli flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add cornflour mixture to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the beef strips to the wok and cook to warm through.
- Serve with steamed greens and rice. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free Australia wide shipping for all orders over $25.