Posted on December 24, 2020
This plant-based meatball sub is all that and some! Using our Deliciou Plant-Based Beef, these meatballs come out juicy and tender. Topped with a rich tomato sauce, stringy mozzarella and served on top of warm crusty bread. Heaven!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 long bread rolls
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
For the meatballs:
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 270ml chilled water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape mixture into 16 small meatballs, then cover and refrigerate until step 4.
- In a medium saucepan, add the tomato pasta sauce and Italian herbs, and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Fry the meatballs in a separate pan on medium heat with 3 Tbsp oil for 3-5 mins or until golden all over.
- Cut the bread rolls so they open like a clam shell. Add a few meatballs, ladle over the sauce and top with cheese. Bake for 5 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley, serve hot and dig in!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get shipping for all orders over $40.