Pork Schnitzel with Coleslaw
Posted on January 14, 2022
Is there any better combination than crunchy, tangy and delicious? This vegan pork schnitzel will satisfy all of your taste buds, with a crunchy coleslaw to perfectly complement the richness of the plant-based pork. It’s easy and family-friendly, so get the kids involved in crumbing the pork and mixing up the coleslaw!
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
For the pork:
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- 1 cup chilled water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 450g bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine the pork ingredients in a large bowl, mixing the dry ingredients first, then adding the wet ingredients. Mix well, then shape mixture into 4 large patties, about 1-2 cm thick. Cover and refrigerate until step 4.
- Combine the coleslaw ingredients in a large bowl and stir to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Place the crumbs on a large plate or shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the batter to make a thick, but pourable consistency.
- Dip the pork patties in the batter, then the crumbs, ensuring both sides are evenly coated.
- Heat a large frypan 1cm deep with oil over medium-high heat. Cook the crumbed patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve pork schnitzels with coleslaw and garnish with a slice of fresh lemon for a crunchy, tangy delight!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get shipping for all orders over $40.