Chicken Salad Sandwich
Posted on July 06, 2021
Looking for a delicious plant-based take on a chicken salad sandwich? Our Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken is the perfect substitute for this lunchtime favourite!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time:10 minutes
Makes 6 - 8 sandwiches
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Cheesy Bacon seasoning (optional)
- 1 loaf sandwich bread
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Prepare the Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken according to package directions, mixing in ½ tsp salt and a good crack of pepper.
- Fry the chicken mix in a large, well-oiled pan over medium heat, breaking up the pieces as you stir. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, celery, onion, lime juice, cooked chicken, and Deliciou Cheesy Bacon seasoning in a bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp of the mixture on one slice of bread, top with a thick layer of iceberg lettuce and finish with the second slice. Enjoy!
Pro tip: lightly toast the bread first if you prefer a crunchier sandwich.
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get shipping for all orders over $40.