Pork Rice Paper Rolls
Posted on December 08, 2020
Fresh, healthy and light, these rice paper rolls are absolutely perfect for summer! Filled with loads of fresh crunchy vegetables, fresh herbs and our tasty Plant-Based Pork - these are super easy to make at home and are a fun one to get the kids involved.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 packet of Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 150g vermicelli noodles
- 4 spring onions, sliced thin length ways
- 1 small carrots, sliced into thin batons
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin batons
- ½ bunch coriander, picked, washed and roughly chopped
- ½ bunch mint, picked, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegan oyster sauce
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- Mix, spring onions, carrots, cucumber and herbs together and toss with rice wine vinegar and leave aside, allow the vinegar to lightly pickle the vegetables for at least 5 mins before assembling the rolls.
- Pour boiling water over the vermicelli noodles to cover and leave to stand for 5 mins. Then drain and rinse with cold water and chop into smaller noodles.
- Prepare the Deliciou Plant-Based Pork as per the packet instructions. Heat up a large fry plan with some oil and cook pork mix until golden.
- Drain the rice wine vinegar from the vegetable mix.
- Now set up a rice paper rolling work station. Have the pork, drained vegetables, noodles, and rice paper rolls lined up on plates, as well as a shallow dish with warm water.
- One at a time, dip a rice paper wrapper into the water, place on the work surface and leave for around 20 seconds to soften. Place a small amount of vegetable mix topped with noodles, pork and oyster sauce. Fold in the ends and then roll up firmly to enclose filling and place in the fridge covered with a damp cloth. Repeat this with the rest of the rice paper wrappers, being sure to evenly distribute the filling among all 12 rolls.
- When ready, serve with the hoisin sauce for dipping - yum!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online today!