Pork Vermicelli Noodle Salad
Posted on December 08, 2020
This noodle salad is our go-to for those hot summer days, is quick to make and really flexible! With yummy nuggets of plant-based pork, you can easily swap out the veggies for what you’ve got on hand - top it all off with this tasty sauce and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the pork:
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup (160ml) water
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced
- 100ml light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 250g vermicelli noodles
- 6 lettuce leaves, coarsely shredded
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Follow instructions on Deliciou packet for pork shape into thumb sized strips.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and fry the pork strips until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using boiling water, soak the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- To assemble, divide the noodles, lettuce, carrot, cucumber and pork between 4 bowls and spoon over the dressing.
- Garnish with peanuts, coriander and mint. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free Australia wide shipping for all orders over $25.